1) Drink lots of water! Drinking water helps flush away the bacteria and puts you on the right track for recovery.
2 )Sip cranberry juice or take cranberry supplements. Cranberry juice also helps to flush away bacteria and keeps them from sticking to the bladder wall, so it can be effective for UTI prevention. DO NOT add sugar or any sweetener
3) Load up on vitamin C. Vitamin C makes your urine more acidic, which fights bacteria in your urinary tract.
4) Blast bad bacteria with good bacteria. Yogurt contains PROBIOTICS, which is the good bacteria that helps to keep bad bacteria that can cause UTIs at bay.
5) Soothe the pain with heat. The inflammation and irritation from UTIs cause burning, pressure, and pain around your pubic area.
6)Ban the burn with baking soda. If painful, burning urination is a problem for you during a UTI, it may help to drink half of a teaspoon baking soda mixed with a glass of water.
7) Cut out irritants. Things like caffeine, alcohol, spicy food, nicotine, carbonated drinks, and artificial sweeteners can irritate your bladder further and make it hard for your body to heal.
8) Go ahead and empty your bladder again. Every time you empty your bladder — even if it’s just a small amount — you rid it of some of the bacteria that’s causing the infection.
For More Information:
• How to Treat a Urinary Tract Infection
• 9 Home Remedies for Urinary Tract Infections